All Roads Lead to Rome
Just as Blogging, Social Media, and Emails Lead Back to…?
Big Business and Profit!
As you approach making money online and creating a business think of a funnel, a jelly fish, and foot prints in the sand.
Let’s start off with defining a sales funnel. A sales funnel is a marketing system. It’s the “ideal” process you intend your customers to experience as they go from Prospect to Lead to Customer to Repeat Buyer.- as defined by Convertwithcontent.com
Here are a couple images on sales funnels to get our juices rolling. The first from McKinsey and Company. The second from Kevan Lee with blog.bufferapp.com.
An easy way to study this is to view the advertisement of the sales funnel Brandmetool. We advertise BMT to be seen(awareness) in traffic exchanges because its highly targeted. Brandmetool is about traffic sources. Some people will see or be aware of BMT in social media and blogging. The larger numbers of people begin on the left and we funnel down lower and lower to advocates.
We didn’t cover the jelly fish and sand walking yet, so you’ll have to say tuned!
Next, let’s discuss a possible, entire sales funnel for your very own online business.
That challenge is where to bring awareness to the top of your funnel. The top of your funnel as an affiliate may be a BMT capture page, CSN capture page, or a blog and/or capture page about working from home, working online, increasing website traffic, generating part time income online, etc. It makes sense that the more general your topic is the more competition you will have.
If you would like to read more about funnels, this post from buffer is quite detailed, How to Build Social Media into Your Sales Funnel.
The jelly fish and foot prints in the sand.
A jelly fish has long tentacles that food runs into and gets caught. It’s useful to think of making our online presence like big jelly fish. We want to be seen in many different places(tentacles) and have them all lead back to our sales funnel. Paid advertising, blogs, social media, and emails are all examples of ways of reaching people(tentacles). Obviously, we will not be stinging our finder, but instead, we will inject them with value so they are happy they found us.
Foot prints in the sand is another way to illustrate leaving pathways that lead back to your sales funnel. As you walk along through the internet make sure to leave digital foot prints. Always leave the way back to you and your sales funnel. Now that you have these vivid pictures you won’t forget 🙂
Show me a big business and they’ll be using emails, have a social media presence, and have a blog. To them a sales funnel is as easy as walking in the sand.
Blind Gambling is Not Business
Don’t go into business blind and don’t be led by the blind. Don’t want to be led a stray? Then make sure a company is actually making money before you weigh their advice heavily. I don’t believe luck is the reason most businesses succeed, and for that matter, I think people that believe they control their destiny have a greater success rate in life.
Make sure you read the whole thing so you don’t miss 2016’s business trends and how they relate to the traffic exchange industry.
All Great Businesses have 4 things. Presence, Knowledge, the Ability to Evolve, and Service at Heart.
1. Presence or Brand– It’s interesting that they say 97% of people in our industry won’t make any money and it’s a similar percentage that fail to get themselves out there. They fail to be known, to have a presence, to stand for anything, to become a brand. We devised a tool to help get you out there, Brandmetool. However, brand will ultimately depend on the entire soul of your business, resembling more of the 4 above components combined.
2. Knowledge– Researching things is crucial to your success. I missed that step when I first began and I hope you don’t make the same mistake. It was a turning point for me when I decided to dig in to information about online business as far as knowledge is concerned. Now I have books by my bedside. Keep yourself sharp by reading up. Don’t you want to give yourself the best chance at success? Many big business names will praise self-education.
3. The Ability to Evolve– People are creatures of habit. It can be difficult to change. However, with certainty, one thing we can predict is that things will change. Successful businesses will anticipate it, accept and embrace it, and will boldly try changes. They understand the importance of creating markets, being first to market, and making an industry react to them instead of the other way around.
4. Serving People– Make products to help people. Help others and don’t make me quote Zig Ziglar again stating to help enough people get where they want to go and you get where you need to go 🙂 Customer service is a great way to build relationships and always remember that the way you treat people reflects on your business. Have a heart for people and many will reward you back with a love for your brand.
I wanted to get very specific about success in our industry. Whether you become an affiliate list builder or take on website ownership, these core principles remain critical.
1. Design– You need to look good and show people that your serious. Without design, people will over look what you have to offer on your website. You will lose your customer before they even get in the door. Also, the quality of your advertisement design is directly related to how well they do. We can refer you to someone we used for design in the past, but honestly, the designs of our websites are not as good as we want them to be.
2. Programming– Having special things about your site makes you stick out. I understand many will take on a commercial script, but if you do that, you really need to set out to make yourself unique and offer value with added features. This brings us to the next point. This point has more to do with website ownership.
3. Take Care of Sales– See As a Man SELLeth, Life or Death Business.
4. Don’t be Underfunded– If there is something that really plagues are industry it’s people believing they can set up shop with a bare commercial script and roll in the dough. I have a lot of compassion for people making this mistake as I did it myself.
5. Relationships– To do things right, you really should be meeting people, especially the big names in the industry and forming relationships with them before you release your product. Places to do it include webinars, skype(mcwahl2), facebook, twitter, traffic exchange chats, etc.
The next points I make I want to show you how our industry isn’t an island. Big business trends many times are small business trends as well.
6. Using Video– Sometimes it seems that our industry lags behind technology and trends. Perhaps, a resistance to change. Video will help you to stick out, which many will agree that marketing is a competition for attention. Video gives a personal touch and in our industry it’s under used most likely because people are shy to get in front of the camera. That just makes it easier for you because your gonna do what it takes to be successful. Your gonna get yourself out there right? Take a look at the projections for video use in business from Hubspot.
Image from Hubspot
7. Influencer Marketing– It’s really quite amazing to me how many buying decisions and signups come with the support from big names in the traffic exchange industry. It makes all the sense in the world to network and communicate with them. View how we worked with an industry giant in the Legacy Hits Story. See this previous post how influencer marketing is exploding in all kinds of businesses, 2 Powerful Elements to Influencer Marketing Chemistry.
All this information can be handed out freely, but, now it’s in your hands. You must have the heart to see it all through if you don’t want to become the statistic of the 97% that walk away from the industry empty handed.
Pay Per Click Advertising
Pay per click advertising is very expensive from google, facebook, and twitter. I want to present you with a quick case study. View the following results of using google adwords and facebook to advertise Brandmetool.
The only branding I got were text ads and a small visual on facebook. I got one referral for $8.05. Let’s contrast this with purchasing a login spotlight. I’ll get 100’s of full page unique visual views, targeted traffic, and a cost of 3.00. Or for 8.00 you could easily pick up 8,000 views. I’ll most likely pick up more than 1 referral on a login spotlight. Even if I didn’t, the branding alone is worth the cost. I’m currently running an experiment on other sites spending the same amount on login spotlights as I did with google and facebook. I’ll update you with the results.
For the sake of completeness, I have tried twitter advertising and found that they charge outrageous prices for engagements in which you may not even get a view of your website.
What are Twitter, Facebook, and Google(Organic) good for? It’s free advertising that you should get from them.
It takes very little effort to form a tribe of people to like and tweet things from the group. We all have different collections of twitter followers and facebook friends.
The issue is that the item being shared has to meet a quality guideline suitable for the whole group to share.
We can’t expect everyone to blast out something of low quality. Want to super charge your network? Come visit us at 6pm eastern every Monday-Friday at Blab.im It’s free to meet everyone. Just look for the show labeled “Legacy Hours”.
It really is silly for us to not get together and leverage something of incredible free power, twitter and facebook. It takes seconds to like or tweet something.
Everyone should reach out to marketers and work from home people with content marketing and we can easily amplify it’s reach with social media. This seems like the most direct, cheapest, and easy plan to traffic exchange growth doesn’t it?
If your new to traffic exchanges I would like to present the following articles on targeting and the target of traffic exchanges.
The key words I mentioned earlier and related words are great examples of target products that would do well in traffic exchanges.
Need an easy way to describe what traffic exchanges do?
Humor: I’ll show you mine if you show me yours or It’s Like Show and Tell.
Direct: You view my site and I’ll view yours or a Network of People Sharing their Sites.
Just a note to advertisers, it only takes you the time to set up your ad if your in a hurry.
In summary, traffic exchange advertising and it’s network are grossly overlooked. Make them work for you and don’t become a google, facebook, or twitter statistic of failed advertising. Hopefully, this article meets your quality demand so we can share this thing all over the place, up and down the river, and everywhere but the kitchen sink. Go Traffic Exchanges!
Robin, You Should Have Upped Your Sales Game!
Robin Hood’s first appearance dates back to the 14th century in ballads. As you may recall, he steals from the rich and gives to the poor. His end goal was nice, but, obviously the way he went about things was wrong.
My solution, if we could go back 700 years, is that Robin should have just used his brain to create and manage a business. The end result would be the same minus the stealing and scared rich folks.
Recently, it occurred to me how important persuasion is in making things happen. Selling is literally all around us in business and life decisions. We sell our products and we sell our ideas. If you want to go more in depth on sales read As a Man Selleth, Life or Death Business
My point is that Robin could have laid down his bow to organize something that created the wealth that he would give to the poor. Sales and business skills are learned just as firing his arrow to the smallest of targets is. In our industry, sales are greatly overlooked. There is really very little time spent on them when they are so insanely important. Of course, I can’t come up with a good excuse why things are so relaxed throughout the TE Industry. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying we are perfect, but I would say we are ahead of many.
If you want people to create ballads remembering your name because of your great business success then don’t forget the sales game. Persuasion is a curiously powerful thing.
I just have to say it… “The Pen is Mightier Than the Bow” 🙂