As a Man Selleth
Your Business Lives or Dies by Sales. There is no disputing this. Money is the great bottom line, the scoreboard of everything that you are working on in your business: programming, design, marketing, and customer service.
What are some common practices that are greatly overlooked in our industry.
- A Reason to Have a Sale: Everyone likes to get a sale price. You should be planning for that in your pricing. A very easy reason to put something on sale is a Holiday. Most people can relate to that. If a holiday isn’t close by then make a clever, creative campaign or work off the publicity of something your members recognize.
- Make your Sale Visible: Most owners in our business will use login offers. That’s great, but, maybe you want to inform members of a sale in your emails and members area. As this applies to online business in general, how can you inform without disrupting user experience too much.
- What is the Sweet Spot: At what price am I getting the most sales at the maximum price. It’s very mathematical here. We can sell a lot at a lower price or fewer at a higher price. Bottom line, what brings the most money into the business. Test and review your results.
- Look to Stand Out with Your Offer: Use quality video and graphics to draw attention to your offers. The more unique you can make your offers from the competition the better.
- Present the Benefits to Your Customer: Why should your customer make this purchase? Show them the value. Break things down into the savings.
The Selling of an Idea
This discussion will now move much deeper than just moving your product. People once believed that the world was flat. The vast majority did. Someone had to convince the masses that it was round. It takes proof, emotion, and energy to change belief.
“There is No Need to Persuade Anyone of Anything Unless it Helps Them.”
Build your business off the above quote and it will grow stronger and faster. This model has always been the more ethical approach, but in modern times, it’s now critical to utilize this. Power is in the hands of the customer with social media. Word of mouth advertising has become so strong that you wouldn’t want to do it any other way.
Lastly, I want to talk about followings and the influencers that lead them. Here is a recent post that shows ignoring influencers in helping you sell your product or ideas is a very bad idea. Read 2 Powerful Elements to Influencer Marketing Chemistry.
We follow a person’s past ideas, current ideas, their present, and anticipated future. Momentum and energy are a big part of networks headed by influencers that sell ideas. One of the most powerful components of modern networking is live streaming. Social media such as blab.im allows for real-time interaction. When people can’t be with each other live this is the next best thing. People want to see who is behind a business so they know who is accountable and they want the experience of building energy together.
In summary, selling has very researchable concepts. This post just touches the surface. Remember to question everything because momentum and energy of a group don’t necessarily mean they are right. The world once believed it was flat.